OUTLINE AND PURPOSE
There are 3 modules, which will teach you the academic skills required to work at this level. On completion, you will reflect on your learning and your portfolio will be submitted to your chosen university demonstrating your learning and ability to work at Masters level.
• This involves a review of literature relating to an area of leadership that interests you. It allows you to explore what others have written about the subject. You will need, with the help of your tutor, to hone down on key points, and criticise others’ opinions where appropriate. Your experience of leadership will help you to critically evaluate the literature using this new knowledge.
• Assessment: 3,500-word reflective review of the literature, which critically examines the concept of leadership.
• Is the design of a short research project. This is an academic yet practical investigation that teaches you some of the technicalities and ethics of research. The type of “research” involved usually entails gathering, synthesizing and evaluating information from other people’s perspectives. It can be based within your present working environment, and will need to answer a question that interests you, or might be relevant to your place of work. It is not complicated.
• Assessment: A 4,000-word account of how you will go about your project, with discussion of your methods and limitations.
• For this final section you would need to undertake the small-scale study identified in Module 2, analyse the data and present the findings to a small group of interested people using a poster to support your presentation. Following the presentation you will reflect on the impact these 3 modules have had on your development.
• Assessment: Completion and presentation of project. Following this you will develop a 1,500-word reflective essay on your CPD development.
DOWNLOAD PGCERT LEADERSHIP PROSPECTUS FOR MORE INFORMATION